The Debt Arrangement Scheme (DAS) was set up by the Scottish Government with the aim of offering a safe solution to clearing your unsecured debts without the threat of spiralling interest and fees, or worse, court action. As DAS Approved Money Advisers we can evaluate your finances and give you honest, unbiased advice based on your own unique set of circumstances.
Under DAS you can apply for a Debt Payment Programme (DPP) that will take into account what you can reasonably pay back at regular intervals based on your disposable income. A programme can last for any reasonable length of time and once approved all charges relating to your debts are frozen then waived on completion of the DPP as long as all of the agreed payments have been met.
The benefits of DAS are –
• the debtor: someone who has personal debts and has agreed to a DPP with a DAS approved money adviser
• DAS approved money adviser: who will provide debt management advice to the debtor and apply for a DPP on behalf of a debtor (e.g.Thomson Cooper)
• creditor: someone who is owed money and has agreed or is obliged to accept payments under a DPP
• DAS administrator: who is responsible for the approval of a DPP, the approval of money advisers and payments distributors and maintaining the DAS register which contains details of DPPs
• payments distributor: who distribute the money gathered to creditors in line with the DPP
You could be eligible to qualify for DAS if you have one or more debts (there is no lower limit) and meet the following criteria:
FREEPHONE 0800 046 3328 or click here to visit www.dasapprovedadviser.co.uk for more information.